- Born 1955 in Ovalle, Chile
- Baptized 1967, Aaronic Priesthood as a youth
- Missionary to Chile Concepción Mission
- Married Carmen Gloria Valenzuela, June 1982, Sao Paulo Brazil Temple; five children
- BS in Civil Engineering from Santa Maria University and MBA from BYU
- Bishop's Counselor, High Councilor, Bishop, Stake President, Regional Representative, and Area Authority Seventy
- President of the Chile Concepcion South Mission 2005-2008
- First Quorum of the Seventy, 2008-present
Elder Jorge F. Zeballos was called to serve as a member of the First Quorum of
the Seventy of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints on April 5, 2008, at age 52. At the
time of his call, he had been serving as the president of the Chile Concepcion South Mission. He
served as a member of the Fourth Quorum of the Seventy, Chile Area, from 1997 to 2004. He is
currently serving as a counselor in the Chile Area Presidency.
Elder Zeballos graduated with a degree in civil engineering at Santa Maria
University in 1979. In 1991, he received his master of business administration from Brigham Young
University. After graduation, he worked as the manager of corporate affairs for Minera Escondida
Limitada, BHP Billiton until he was called as a mission president in 2005. Prior to this, he
worked as a manager of physical facilities for the Chile Area.
Elder Zeballos has served in numerous Church callings, including full-time
missionary in the Chile Concepcion Mission, bishop's counselor, high councilor, bishop, stake
president, Regional Representative, Area Authority, Area Seventy, and mission president.
Jorge Fernando Zeballos Ortiz was born in Ovalle, Chile, on July 19, 1955.
He married Carmen Gloria Valenzuela in June 1982. They are the parents of five children.
"Area Authority in Chile", Ensign, Mar. 1999, pp. 68-69
"Elder Jorge A. Zeballos," Liahona, May 2008, p. 140
Church News, August 5, 1995
Church News, March 25, 2006
Church News, April 12, 2008