- Born 1957, Seoul, South Korea
- Baptized at age sixteen, Aaronic Priesthood as a youth, Melchizedek Priesthood as a young adult
- Missionary to Busan Korea and Seoul Korea Missions
- Married Bon Kyung Koo in September 1982. three children
- Bachelor's in Business Information Management, BYU-Hawaii 1988; Master's in Business Information Systems and Education, USU 1989
- Instructor at BYU-Hawaii and USU; Manager at Data General Korea; Regional Manager for temporal affairs for the Church in Korea
- Bishop's Counselor, Bishop, High Councilor, SP's Counselor, Stake President, and Area Seventy
- First Quorum of the Seventy, April 2009 - present
Elder Yoon Hwan Choi was sustained a member of the First Quorum of the Seventy of The Church
of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints on April 4, 2009, at age 51. At the time of his call, he had
been serving as a member of the Eighth Quorum of the Seventy in the Asia North Area. He was recently
released as a counselor in the Asia North Area Presidency and currently serves as an assistant Executive
Director in the Temple Department.
Elder Choi received a bachelor's degree in business information management from
BYU-Hawaii in 1988. In 1989, he received a master's degree in business information systems and education
from Utah State University. He has been an instructor at BYU-Hawaii and Utah State University; manager
of sales, administration, marketing, and customer support at Data General Korea; director of CDC and
MBS Venture Capital Company; and the regional manager for temporal affairs for the Church in Korea.
Since joining the Church in 1973, Elder Choi has served in numerous callings,
including full-time missionary in the Busan Korea and Seoul Korea missions, bishop's counselor, bishop,
high councilor, stake mission president, stake president's counselor, stake president, and Area Seventy.
Yoon Hwan Choi was born in Seoul, Korea, on May 18, 1957. He married Bon Kyung Koo
in September 1982. They are the parents of three children and have two grandchildren.
"Dreams aside, spiritual always comes first," Church News Archives, April 25, 2009 (Principal Source)
"Elder Yoon Hwan Choi," Liahona, May 2009, p. 135
""Yoon Hwan Choi" Church News, April 25, 2009
"General Authorities: Elder Yoon H. Choi", lds.org
Selected Discourses and Writings